Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another fun day mobile!




Got in some time at Bodega Head, near Bodega Bay Ca. Icom IC-725-100 watts-Buddistick Vertical Antenna. Thanks to Dick KD0ACR in South Dakota for ending the day with a great qso/ragchew. Dick was one of my first HF contacts as a General and I was pleased to see his qsl card in the mail. At that time I was using my first HF rig, a Kenwood TS-520s that was a gift from a great guy KG6CSE.The Kenwood was purchased from The Northern California DX Foundations donated radios. Tom (kg6cse) hung a G5RV Lite in the attic of my apartment (still there too). I took the time to learn how to use that rig and it paid off every time I fired it up! Got to use Ham Radio Deluxe in the mobile for logging today on a Laptop that was given to me by another good Ham , Steve N6SCS. Thanks to Steve! 73 (log in reverse)kd0acr, w5aqa, wh6r, ac5o, k0ob, n9rpj, k9gaj, w0tle, n3dxx, n1fs, n0pi, n0hjz, n1gn, w0ef, k5rq, w2fcp, n0kk, w5cow, k1kd, w0os, k3mq, n2ic.

No comments: