Saturday, March 14, 2009

QRP is a blast! Next is the 10-10 mobile 3/21


Worked QRP today and instead of it being difficult and intimidating it was exciting and rewarding. I was really hoping to work some of the folks in the Polar Bear Moonlight Madness Event today and I probably could have if I was more familiar with some of the callsigns, but I did work quite a few stations stateside and I felt more surprised than they did when I got 59 signal reports although I am very confident with the set-up I usually use and to run low power was not much different than my usual 50-75 watts I usually push. Also got to work 2 stations I really enjoyed talking to again. KC0ZSM Ray in Kansas and JO7CVU Ken in Japan. Great Day!
Looking forward to the 10-10 International Mobile Contest and I will be making plans for that soon!!. 73

No comments: